You may find it difficult to start a routine if you have always avoided exercising. Once you start to get comfortable with it, your path to good health will open up. This is good for your mental and physical health. We will now discuss the 5 benefits of regular exercise and how you can make it a part your daily life.
Daily exercise has many benefits –
- Daily exercise is crucial for good heart health, according to the US National Library of Medicine. This makes you less likely to develop heart disease.
- Regular exercise maintains normal weight. Remember that obesity is the root cause of many diseases.
- Exercise can help to maintain a healthy blood sugar and insulin levels, which will reduce the likelihood of developing type-2 diabetes.
- The body becomes flexible through exercise. You build strength in your bones and muscles.
- Regular exercise can also help you to reduce anxiety. It can bring you peace of mind. You are also able to release mood-enhancing chemicals, which will keep you positive and happy.
- Exercise improves your sleep cycle. We can live longer if we have better mental and physical health.
Here are 5 ways to get into the habit and practice exercise.
1. Choose the right workout routine
Do not put pressure on your body to do something at the beginning. You can do whatever exercise you want. You don’t have to go to the gym to do this. You can also do exercises like yoga at home. Choose an exercise you feel comfortable with and enjoy. Only then, you will be able do it every day for a long period of time.
2. Begin with Less Exercise
Habits take 3-4 weeks to form. If you don’t exercise for an hour the first day, then excuses for not exercising the next day will begin to appear. Start your exercise routine by doing 5-10 minutes. Allow your body to adjust to the new routine. Gradually increase the time each week.
3. Setting small goals
It is important to break down a large goal into smaller goals in order to reach it. It is impossible to lose 30kg in one month. You should focus on how much weight you can lose following the program. You will only be inspired if you achieve small goals.
4. Don’t Just Focus on Weight
You should aim to be healthy, not just lose weight. Don’t try to lose weight immediately. Focus on improving your mental health and muscle growth.
5. Skip Exercises Too
You shouldn’t do your workouts seven days a semaine. This will exhaust your mind and body. Rest for a few days and then get back to work with the same motivation. Do not feel guilty if you get sick or have an emergency. Keep this habit going by continuing to exercise for five minutes each day.